Making my Africa Twin Africa Proof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkhelmet

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
So here's the story about my Africa Twin. Since I spend quite some time & money on it already and I kept it against my own plans, i though  would share my experiences with you guys.

For some time i've been saving hard and dreaming about a trip through Southern Africa.
My idea was to buy a bike in South Africa and start my trip from there. No hassle with shipping a bike, carnet ripoffs etc. As the trip, my choice of bike wasnt set yet. I had ridden a F650GS in South africa before, and liked it apart from the seat and being very low. The bike of my choice would be an Africa Twin or Dakar. My intention in buying the Africa Twin, was to find out how the ride was and do some light offroading in preparation for my trip.

In june 2010 i bought a nice looking Africa Twin 1996 RD07A via the Dutch Transalp forum.
Had some nice farkles on it. Ran "good", apart from some soft clutch rattle and brakes not biting as they should.
As I was to find out a bit later, i was head over heels when i bought it, so kind of blind to some signs it would need more attention then i presumed...

This is her:
dsc_1007_small.jpg

dsc_1008_small.jpg

dsc_1009_small.jpg

dsc_1010_small.jpg