Mate of mine crashes through a wall...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H00dlum

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Well last Friday I get a call that a mate of mine Martin has had a crash. He was doing about 80KM/h when he had a front wheel blow-out going into a corner. He and his bike went through what is called a drywall. ( a wall built out of loose bricks normally 5 foot high, just laid one brick on top of each other ) Martin was not conscious when the Heli-med ( helicopter medical rescue ) airlifted him to hospital. The police I'm told though he was dead when they got to the scene and had even called it in as a death. Martin survived by the grace of God alone. He has a bruised brain and spine a broken wrist and a broken collarbone, the rest of him is black and blue and he has a massive headache.. He is unable to walk due to his bruised spine but that will only take a week or so to come right. He was wearing all the correct gear including a back protector that not only saved his spine but also his life the doctors said.. ATGATT rules guys no doubt about it...  :thumleft: :thumleft:

When I spoke to Martin the first thing he said was my bikes a write off, wonder how long the insurance is gonna take because I need to buy a new one...  ::) ::)

Take care out there guys.

Daz