Matroosberg 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennielowe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
Matroosberg 2009

matroosbergbaner.jpg

As a last minute decision I decided to attend the Matroosberg weekend organized by Country Trax, and what a great weekend it was. The venue is situated in the Matroosberg Reserve with no electricity but hot showers with gas.
IMG_6289.jpg

On my arrival I was greeted by Leon and his lovely wife Liza that sorted me out with camping site, indemnities and the lay of the land.

Friday was a very laid back atmosphere, the calm before the storm. Everybody arrived in cam and sorted their net out and then started gathering around the fire as it was getting colder as the sun went down.
IMG_6295.jpg

After a few jagermeisters everybody was old friends and the socializing was in full swing.
IMG_6298.jpg

The official stuff was handled very quickly and efficiently for the ride tomorrow and then everybody went to bed after the dinner, this I found a bit strange but their was method in this as tomorrow was going to be a long day and these guys new from past experience to be in bed early otherwise you weren’t going to make it.

Saturday morning was a early start with Andy crowing at the break of dawn, hot breakfast (rashers, eggs, muffins, cereal, yoghurt) was served and then the groups left camp on our out ride of 250km. The route was spectacular taking us trough farms and some of the most beautiful countryside I have seen in a long time. The ride was mixed with fast sections as well as technical areas where you had to concentrate to keep upright, I will let the photos speak!
IMG_6350.jpg

IMG_6376.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

Lunch at op die berg was scones and juice and we managed to see the first half of the defeat in the rugby.
IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

After scones and a bit of a rest the last part was tackled and what a ride, it seemed as the guys left the best for last and it was a great ride.
IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6513.jpg

katbergbanner.jpg

Skills challenge

As if the day was not enough adrenalin for the guys we had to come back at 17:00 and was faced with a daunting skills challenge or as I would call it a obstacle course with a difference. Leon and Lowrens designed a course that would have most people say: “you want me to ride this!!” well the guys was up for the challenge and was riding until it was dark, the last guys had to do the challenge in the dark.
IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6657.jpg

IMG_6684.jpg

IMG_6718.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

The challenge was won by Rudolf from Robertson, congrats Rudolf. The prize was very fitting in that it was a leat brace.
IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

Saturday night the fire burned high and we had a nice couple of wines and some other things as well, we did not go to sleep early!!
IMG_6292.jpg

IMG_6297.jpg

Sunday morning everybody was a bit sore in the shoulders and then we were treated to a two hour out ride on the farm just before we had a brunch to end the weekend off. This ride was great and we had great fun with a few spills along the way.
IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6752.jpg

IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6798.jpg

This weekend was one of the best organized events I have been on and I must congratulate the Countrytrax team for their well thought out routes and the great venue and food. I had and I am sure I talk for everybody that we had a great time and will definitely be back next year.
IMG_6820.jpg

Thanks Leon!
IMG_6816.jpg

IMG_6839.jpg

link to the album in photobucket:
https://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/hennielowe/MATROOSBERG%202009/