• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Maybe selling my KLR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beltzer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Ok this the story: Me and the wife, after i did the rings on the KLR to stop it from smoking and using oil, went for a ride out to the North of Pretoria. Sorry i was enjoying myself so much after a long dry spell without a bike that i did not take a single photo (so no ride report). Anyway, when we got home i asked her if she enjoyed it and she answer "Yes". She was never keen on riding on a bike, this was only her second time. I told her that we should do this more often, leaving the kids with family or so. Then she said!!!!: She will enjoy it if she gets her own bike... This is amazing!!! I never have someone to ride with me. I seem always to be busy when the WD's go on rides. Now i have a big problem: I don't have money. So the only thing i can think of is selling my KLR and buying two cheaper bikes. I don't really want to sell my KLR but hey I'm sure that i will get to ride more by doing this. i thought of an old XT or KLR and a smaller TW or something similar.
It has just over 12000 kilos on the clock, i did not yet do the 12000k, but i checked the valves when the engine was open. I'm busy doing the "drive-in" of the engine. The bike is in pretty good condition with little scratches here and there. I dropped the bike twice, first time at about 20km/h when i replaced the shroud, the second time at 0km/h resulting in a scratch on the brand new shroud... doh!.
end of story.

What do you think of my plan and how much do you think i can get for the KLR?