Mitas E-07 puncture repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaegerKTM

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Evening all,

After 12 000km on and off road I finally picked up a puncture in the rear tyre, caused by what looks like part of a blade left of the road.

Thinking this was a good time to practice changing tubes on my KLR I took the rear wheel off and tried to remove the Mitas E-07 tyre. F#ck me did I battle to get it off the rim  :eek:.In the end I needed the help of a friendly cleaner at the office park I work at and 4 tyre levers to get the tyre off the rim.

I replaced the tube but gave up trying to get the tyre back onto the rim after an hour and much swearing. I drove down to the nearest Tiger Wheel and it took three guys with some serious tyre levers to get the tyre back onto the rim! Unfortunately somewhere in the process the tube got pinched so I was back to square one.

As the bike is my daily commuter and I need to get mobile again quickly I dropped the rear wheel at Trac Mac and have gone for a Maxxis 6006 which i will pick up tomorrow. The chap I spoke to at Trac Mac said the e-07 is a great tyre but a bugger to fit so forget abou roadside puncture repairs. That's a bt worrying if I think about the remoteness of some of the places I have ended up.

I really like the e-07 but am reluctant to fit another based on my recent experience. Has anyone else had a similar experience  or do I need to up he gym routine and invest in some 1m tyre levers?

Cheers,

Ian