Mitas E07

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giraffe

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Hi guys. I have fitted the Mitas E07 to my 950SE recently, and have just gone over the 5000km mark. My usual tire of choice is the TKC80, which I think is a great tire, but sadly, the SE manages to kill it in under 2500km. To be fair to any tire, I am the first to admit that I do punish a tire >:D. To give you a run down on my experience with the E07, I have found it to be mostly very good. The grip up in a straight line on the gravel is about the same as the TKC. It works surprisingly well in soft sand and also did not do too badly in mud.I have done some fairly long high speed tar runs, and in the dry, they grip really well in the corners. The only 2 things that I can crit the tire on is that it is a bit slippery on wet tar (but then, what tire isn't), and the braking on gravel is not quite as good as the TKC. I think this may be due to the direction that the tread runs in. After 5000km's, i would estimate that I could still comfortably do another 2000km before having to change it. Another point that i would like to make is that in the 5000km's that I have done, I have not had one flat yet. The tire seems really tough.
My conclusion is that it is the best all round tire that I have ever used and with the kind of milage that I am getting, I will recommend it to anyone, it is great value for money and I can finally do a long trip without having to worry about having to find another tire along the way. I will definitely fit another one when this one eventually wears out :thumleft: :thumleft: