Molteno district in the EC Karoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionAnt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Well it's been a long time since I've posted anything in this section. Allowing my learner's to expire probably had something to do with that...

A couple of months ago my cousin bought himself a plastic and started doing endurance races in the EC. His brother eventually bought himself one too and that got us planning to at some stage organize a ride together in the Karoo. Just been waiting for the next long weekend..

Well that weekend is finally upon us (just about) and come next friday I'll be trailering my bike down to the family farm in the Karoo (yes I know I'm a wuss for not riding down, but I'm doing the legal since still don't have a license)

I spoke to my Cuz last night to finalize plans and it turns out he's planned quite a ride. "A few hundred kays" he says. And when I asked him how far he can go on a tank, he says "prolly only about 80-100.., but I'll bury fuel along the way...".
"Sounds like fun." I say.

So we gonna be riding a few hundred km's on the Sunday over rocky, unmaintained, mountain passes to neighbouring farms where I'm sure we'll end off with a dop and a chop.
But I'm certain it's more dop than chop.  :confused4: You see Molteno has a rap much like Witbank. "It's a drinking town with a mining problem, you see!" Although for the life of me I've never been able to figure out if any mining has ever taken place there...  :-\

Either way, you can be sure I'll be taking lots of photos and provided I can still use my arms when i get back you'll be able to check out the ride report here: REMEMBER TO INSERT LINK WHEN I GET BACK

Till then..  :ricky: