Motojunction poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1.How did you find their service and 2.will you use them again

• Excellent

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Good

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Kak bad

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Remy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I have had 2 really bad experiences but will share mine and people can decide for them self, I also believe There is enough options on the poll to give a clear indication of what people think.

1. Phoned them and they gave me a quote to service my 800. The quote was R1300
1.1 I phoned and they said the bikes not done they need to replace the yoke bearing "I agreed"
1.2 Went to pick her up Charge was R2891  ???  :eek7:
1.3 They replaced the back wheel bearing "I was not consulted or asked""Not agreed"
1.4 They replaced missing sub-frame bolts  ??? "I was not consulted" BMW dealer confirmed 1 Bolt replaced  ???
1.5 I reluctantly paid due to considering that the bearings was probably needed, the thing that pissed me off was the fact that they did things to my bike without asking me or consulting me.

2. Took in the XR500RE for them to replace the 3de gear and clean the carbs quote was labour 7 hrs,oil,sundries included R2235.00
2.1 "We had to order a new selector fork and it is coming from joburg, price is about R980" Never asked or consulted me
2.2 "Please don't order the fork I will bring one to you tomorrow." Got one from Craigs"
2.3 They call back saying that one is also bent  ??? I tell them to install it anyway  there was hardly a scratch on it  :mad:
"As discussed please install the fork I brought you with the gear, I am not willing to spend R1k on a single part over and above your previous quote, for the price it would work out at the end I could then have bought a recon XR600R motor. That bike is a toy and I am going to use it in extremely rough terrain so it doesn't have to be show room condition, if something needs to be replaced I will replace it with second hand parts. Please contact me before ordering parts with prices."
2.4 Bike was done I could go pick it up  :thumleft:
2.5 Get there and have to pay R3000 they installed the new fork they ordered from joburg after I clearly instructed them not to  :angry4:
2.6 I call Nick the owner and we have a huge argument  :argue: aparently he tried phoning me and couldnt come through yet my phone was on and had no miss calls from him at all and where he says he will not put second hand parts in bikes blah blah blah he made it better and had to strip my carb 3 times blah blah" at my cost without asking me or consulting me!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry5:
2.7 I just want my bike and get it away from them so I pay and take my bike get down the road it stalls and wont start, get it started and it revs out of control I kill it and take it back the mechanic says he couldn't fix the carb They cant get parts for it  ??? so what I pay extra and the bike isnt right ???? I take it and go home
2.8 I take the carb off they stripped the butterfly so if you open the throttle it over opens and doesnt close again + it smelled so lean I could gag
2.9 get another butterfly from Herman in Stellenbosh replace it tune it and walla fixed

My personal problem was not the mechanic he is always help full, It was with his boss that
1. Cant stick to a quote
2. Cant pick up a phone and quote the client if something else is needed and if the client wants it done
3. Installs things on your motorcycle without asking or consulting you cause he thinks best
4. And still expects you to pay for things that you as client did not want

I will take the beemer to BMW instead and the XR will be DIY they have lost a client, only reason I went there was cause it was close by and convenient

I warned my brother about it and he is currently sitting with the same problem he will probably share his experience its his choice.

Oh and they dont stock Husqavarna  ???