Namakwa 4x4! Finally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0lt3n

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So next weekend we will be doing this route. I have been keen to do it for a while now.
Some quick questions...

Do we have to carry a lot of water or should there be available in the river?
-we intend to take 5l but the problem will be to top up after a day's riding or if we were to sleep in the veld, to make food with. Enough?

Tent, do we need one? Planning to just sleep on the ground or if there is bad weather go for the guesthouse/lodge at Vioolsdrift .
Can we have lunch or supper at this lodge?
We will have a range of 400km, carrying extra fuel, this is as not to struggle going through the border to refuel (950 not roadworthy). This a good or bad idea?
I know Kamanya did the whole route in 8hrs. But we are not on his level. Will it be possible/ should we even try, to finish at Alexander bay after a day or day and half? We only have 2.5 days available to us. If we finish early enough it would be nice to not take tar back to the car and trailer in Pofadder.

Bikes will be my 1190, Philip on his 950 and maybe another 690

BTW, Pofadder hotel is super nice. Will be locking up the car for us for safekeeping at no extra charge.