Namibia Solo This December

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka.Goliath

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I am planning a trip to Namibia leaving on the 25th Dec. My main goal was to get to Swakopmund and back. I have never been to Namibia before although I have ridden the North Cape ( and fallen over/into the boarder fence  ::) ) I'll be doing it on my 690 with a 6.6l Rotopax. Giving me a total of 18.6l of fuel (including reserve) and hopefully a range of just over 300km. I've hired a Satphone for the trip for those just encase moments. There are a few petrol stations that I need to confirm their existence/having-fuel and some advice on where to stay (primarily camping). These are my over night stops I have planned - I am unsure what distances you can do in a day so don't want to overdo it (obviously as much dirt as possible).

Upington (surrounds)
Ai-Ais
Aus/Luderitz
Sossusvlei
Swakopmund
Windhoek (surrounds)
Gochas (or there abouts)
Askham (Molopo Lodge)

Below is the route I am planning. I am trying to figure out how to skip the tar between Ariamsvlei and Karasburg and between Seeheim and Aus/Luderitz

Then need to know if there is fuel at: Ariamsvlei, Ai-Ais, Seeheim, Aus, Betta Gas Station, Solitaire, Any where along the C28 (between Swakop and Windhoek), Dordabis, Strampriet, Aroab, Aoab/Gocha, Askham.

Any help would be apriciated, as this is very spur of the moment sort of plan.

Google Maps Routes. > LINK1  LINK2

Attachments

• Namibian Routes.PNG
    Namibian Routes.PNG
    319.8 KB · Views: 550
  • Namibian Routes_2.PNG
    Namibian Routes_2.PNG
    278.7 KB · Views: 493