New Project bike Big Boy CR125 Zooka

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Hey Guys, I bought a Big Boy CR125 pitbike today. I picked the bike up for 1500-00 which is not bad, but the bike does need a little attention.

I am going to turn this into a little side project as I still have my Day to Day NC that i use to ride to work.

Do one of you perhaps have a manual or service manual? :sip:

I need to look into a few things:
1. the back brake booster seems to be leaking. will need a new seal kit i suppose.
2. need new tjoeps front and back. (tires still look good)
3. the throttle grip is broken off. will need a new assembly and grips left and right.
4. the front brake lever is broken off. will need a new resevoir assembly and lever. Perhaps new lever on the left as well to match.
5. will need to know what to service since the bike is not starting. i was thinking of spark plug, oil, filters etc.
6. the front shocks seem to leak oil. will need new seals.

I got this mainly as a project bike and also a bike that i do not feel sorry for when riding a bit off road. i know its small, but ill rather upgrade later when i got more off road skills.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  :thumleft:

TCR

UPDATE:

Hey guys,

Just an update, I found a good site to order parts online from. you must be willing to wait though... ( i am not good at that part, but it is cheap).

I Checked the tires. Front Tjoep is still good. Rear was broken, so got a new one from DMA holdings in Swakop. (they were kind enough to deliver). the rear spokes seem to be a bit loose, so i might need to get new spokes installed for safety sake. (i'll ride the bike like it is now until i can find a new rim or spokes)

I Bought new master brake and Lever (front brake), New slave cylinder (rear), Throttle assembly including grips and cable and a new clutch lever to go with it. all in all, they cost me 570-00. I still need to get new brake pads at the back. Think that is the main reason why the rear brakes don't work.

The front fork seals i will rather order locally.

I managed to get the bike started! It purrs like a kitten. I used a temporary thumb throttle to start it, but it does not idle yet. will adjust everything that needs to be when i get the parts.

I had to fix a bush on the rear shock. I also got a little impatient and ended up turning vesconite as a bush.

I cant wait to try and ride that thing. my college says i am going to bite it hard if i fall. We'll see.

Any way, here are a few pics of the Pit bike. :ricky:

Attachments

• 20150904_185815.jpg
    20150904_185815.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20150830_192350.jpg
    20150830_192350.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20150830_192338.jpg
    20150830_192338.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 27
  • 20150830_192329.jpg