New Rider Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF 300L
Howdee, I've been limited to four wheels for the last 5 years, and got the ride I've been dreaming about a week ago.  :ricky:  I'm now riding a 2008 (2009 Spec) 1200GS 43000km. Anyway, enough of that, I can go on for quite a bit about the new wheels, but I'll try to stay on topic. I have a couple of random/noob questions...

1. Tyre pressure sensors: The front pressure shows up quick, but the back wheels is a little less consistent. I can be riding for a while and the rear pressure will only be displayed as ---- while the front shows fine. Is there something I can do to "fix" this? I was just out riding, and for a while it showed both tyres' pressure, but when I got home it was back to showing only the front. Fixable, or broken?
2. Draining battery: I borrowed a charger and charged the battery over the past weekend, and I'm already getting the flashing battery indicator. I live about 2km from work, and even though I take the long way round, it's still a short trip. Is it the short distances that's draining the battery or could there be something wrong with the battery?
3. Now the dumbest of all the questions... How do I pump the front tyre? I stopped for fuel and wanted to check the tyre pressure, but couldn't get to the front wheel valve. Do I use an angled valve?

:thumleft: