Newbie from PE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AvdL

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Long story short. First road a motorcycle when I was 12 and was hooked! I am a bit of a slut and will ride anything with 2 wheels. Stopped for a few years (......no money, wife, kids, etc) – no bike. Bought the first of many Harleys, Bmw Dakar, Buell and at the ripe old age of 45, a KTM 400 (too much beer one night and buddies talked me into doing the Dessert Run). Got totally hooked on dirt. Sold the 400, bought 520 and did the DR in 2004. Had cake and champagne with Oom Simon(60) on top  Dune 7 – what a jol! Nearly killed myself in an enduro 2005 and sold the 520. Bought a Dakar and started doing the adventure thing. Had too much wine one night and bought a KTM 400 AGAIN – started all over...... again. Nearly killed myself in 2009 (again) and stopped with the enduro stuff. Sold all the Harleys – decided I will buy a Harley again when I am old enough. Currently a Buell Ulysses (to ride with my Harley mates and for my son to use when he is home) and a 990 Adventure for the dirt.
My favourite bikes of all time: KTM 400, Harley V Rod, Buell XB9SX, KTM 990 Adventure. My only regret: Not buying a 990 long ago – WHAT A RUSH!
To all the WDs – you guys have an awesome forum! :thumleft: