Newbie from Pta East

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Gas Gas (all models)
Hi all :)

I thought I'll introduce myself, but also add my first question... I currently own a Gas Gas 300EC Six Days edition, but I'm seriously contemplating selling her for a BMW R1200GS! What are your thoughts on this??? To give you some background, I love riding in the dirt, but I don't like some of the terrain associated with dirt bikes. I've seen a lot of BMW tours on TV, and also the terrain, and to me that looked like heaven on earth... a Easy to moderate gravel road, manageable obstacles, and views to die for... Nothing is more fun for me than to cruise in 6th gear, and not scaring the bejisus out of myself around every bend. I'm in it for relaxation, and as a hobby - not for competing and time trials...

I don't have a lot of road experience, but the GS wont be used for a "commuter" - It'll be saved for adventures. I initially looked for a F800GS, but found a GREAT looking R1200GS ('04) for a very good price, plus a trade on my Gas Gas.

Your advice is appreciated :)

Kind regards  O0