Old Mill Route-- What a Trip to Remember----

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
After spending some time in Lesotho this week and the Drakensberg--Time was running out and i still badly wanted to do the Old Mill Route that borders along Lesotho and South Africa near Clarence-- so i loaded my bike on the trailer and trailered it on route back to Clarence---

Thought i would start with a Google Earth map for one to see the route clearly--well at least as clearly as one can--a picture never seems to tell the whole story or steepness of a climb-- Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as i enjoyed the ride and the awesome beauty of this place--

This is the section to the Top.

The Route runs along the South African and Lesotho Border---What Border --i asked myself  ??? The River that devides the one from the other--

As i stared at ---The Border--a small voice inside me said --Cross over-- and see waht happens.

So i did --Nada --nothing  :( No  border Patrol --no army --No helicoptors to shoot me down just a set of my Hussies tracks over the crossing

So off i set back again to follow the route to the Top and see what awaits me.

At some places the Sandstone had been cut out and been made smooth by years and years of Donkeys and goats as well as recently 4x4's going over it.

At this stage the going was still pretty easy --

Besides the Mountain goats tracks on the route --mine were the first for the day--

Nearly missed the turn off and would have taken the chicken route out if i was not awake --things started to get --exciting from here on and one could feel your heart start to beat in your chest and know that you were alive again--

All to soon i had arrived at the top --and waht a view--even with the fires that had destroyed most of the plant life

Well not all the plant life --a lone Aloe still able to bring colour to a awesome route--

In closing--How would i rate --The Old Mill Route --Awesome--Although i have now ticked it Off my Bucket List--I will definately be back to do this one over again---