PE Dogs Sunday Ride 11 March 2012 The Coastal Ride ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Its been a while since I’ve done the Coastal Ride from Kinkelbos to Boknes and when Knuckelhead suggested it we were on. We ended up being eleven bikes with two pillions. Once again an enjoyable outing.

J-mo, Jaybiker, Les(Crab’s brother) and myself met at the Engen garage, did the pleasantries and set off to find the rest.

Along the way we picked up Tiger8 and Des, then hoinked it to Kinkelbos, where it was arranged to meet Knuckelhead and a tjom. We found Vellies, Kaalvoet, Knucklehead and his buddy Johan.

You smaak that pretty bike here in the front ?

Visarend and Mrs, with J-mol, found us along the way, which completed the group. The Big Blue on the left.(Daai man is nie bang vir ry nie. They left King this morning and did 230km to join us for the ride.)

It’s a nice cruise through Woody Cape forest and we stop for a break with a nice view.

We pull in at Bushman’s Pub and Grub for a brekkie

There are some other Dogs on their own ride of whom I can only remember Banggat. Nice meeting you guys.
We came unannounced, but the lady of the place was unfazed, sorted our orders in no time and provided a first class meal.

A lekker kuier. Banggat and his buddy in the middle of the pic.

And there we were(Back ltr) : Jaybiker, Mrs Visarend, Visarend, Self, J-mol, Des, Tiger8, Les, (front) J-mo, Johan, Knuckelhead, Kaalvoet and Vellies.

Some of the guys then head for home and the rest set off for the Karel Landman Museum. I’ve never seen it, neither has the rest, and today was the big day. No idea why, but it’s a pretty ride there in any case.

And that’s it folks. After another cup of coffee at Nanagga, its home and I trust all made it safely.

Thanks for another good ride in good company.

See you next month for the Dop and Tjop ride.