Poor customer service from Graig's used spares in Maitland CT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spastic Spy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Has anyone else experienced the staggeringly bad service at Graig's in Maitland, or is it just me?

I remember from previous visits that these guys don't exactly aspire to the Emirates Airlines level of customer service but the service I got from them a few days ago has finally lost them this customer.

I walked in and asked about a 12v battery, It wasn't for motorcycle use (LED lighting), so any old large capacity 12v bike battery would do. They're in the process of rearranging the shop, it seems, as there is no counter. The bearded guy turns around without saying a word walks off and I follow.
After showing me a battery that was too small for my requirements, I get kakked out by the bearded man, like a small child, for missing "not one but two" staff only signs. I chuckle and apologize for not seeing any signs and he points at the two hand scribbled, (and stuck up with press-stick) signs.

I say thanks but no thanks and walk to my car when he comes out with a bigger battery. It looks quite old and well used and I asked if he was sure it would still work and whether I would be able to bring it back if it didn't.  Halfway through my sentence he turns around and says something to the effect of "well don't take it then" and walks off.

For someone like me that has made a living in a service orientated industry I find this attitude appalling!  

Am I the only customer that has experienced this service from Craig's?