Porterville to Kampala - Please help with route suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisasterRelief

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Good morning Dogs,

I'm trying to plan a oneway ride from Porterville in the Western Cape to Kampala, Uganda. I only have a 14 day window to do this. The basic plan is to go up through Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and then finally into Uganda. But that is just the basic idea and open for suggestions. I have a route more or less worked out, but it is literally just me clicking away on Garmin Basecamp without a clue what I am really planning.

I don't mind mixing good gravel road days with a few long tar road days, but don't want to just get there all the way on easy tar roads. My plan is to stay over in guesthouses and hotels so I do not need to worry about camping. I'm not particularly into sight seeing, a beautiful gravel road with a view and a cold beer at the end usually does the trick for me.

Can anyone please suggest some nice route options or places worthwhile staying over at that I can try to work into my route planning? I've never been trough any of these countries, and don't know what to see or where to ride.

Thanks,

Pieter