Pre-Load Adjuster on Dakar is STUCK!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldmaSA350

Puppy
Reaction score
In my attempt trying to get the correct ride height the pre-load adjuster got stuck in the high position. It was working fine before.
What happened....I removed the dogbone links and I do believe this has something to do with the adjuster. The bike was placed on the centre stand and the links was removed. The rear suspension/wheel was then allowed to rest on the floor. A dummy set of (longer)links was temporarily installed to verify ride height. During this time the adjuster worked as it was set from soft to hard. The dummy links was then removed and the suspension was fully compressed to see what is the actual travel and point of touching the inner fender.
When I reinstalled the original links today I found the adjuster to be stuck. I dont want to force turning it as i might break the plastic knob. I think somewhere along the line a link to the adjuster must have come out/disspostioned itself. I dont have a manual so I'm dumb struck here.
Can anyone help me with so advise please.