Project Tupperware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
After a long spate of kak luck, I was recently able to move into a spot with a garage and go fetch my plastic bike that has been in storage for over 3 years. I have been threatening for a couple of weeks to give her some TLC and get her going so that I can ride again. Finally, tonight, I got my lazy ass out of this chair...

I spent by far the most of the time setting up my garage and taking stock of consumables, but had a little go at the bike too. I was shocked at how much of the most basic stuff I had forgotten. Don't get me wrong, I have never had a strong aptitude for mechanics, poor in fact, but this was outright shocking.

I must have disassembled and reassembled the basics of that bike a thousand times in the past and I stood there for about 5 minutes at first, staring at her, trying to figure out how to remove the seat.  :lol8: I remembered the seat goes off first... but how? After laughing, then swearing and then laughing again when I remembered, I got going and then I got some momentum. I did very little tonight but it was actually quite emotional... I didn't expect it to be for sure and it caught me a little offsides.

I opened my kit bins and opened up my camel pack. In there was:

• a tube of tyre weld
  • 6 big cable ties and 4 thinner ones
  • a tube of Pratley steel
  • a master link
  • a valve socket
  • spoke spanner
  • small roll of insulation tape
  • small roll of duct tape
  • spark plug completely sealed in insulation tape
  • small KTM tool set
  • long nose pliers
  • small medical kit with space blanket

Still ready to race  :thumleft:  :biggrin: I actually felt proud  :)

And then I stared at my kit that I have not seen in so long. My knee braces, elbow guards, neck brace, chest protector and my awesome boots in near perfect condition. My stunningly good looking helmet  :p My riding jerseys... I just had to put one on... wow, the memories man! And then I tried on a pair of my riding pants... yeah, no well... that didn't work  :snorting:

I want to take some pics and blog this, even if just for me, since it moved me so much, but it seems my digital camera got liberated in the move. There are 2 more boxes I have to unpack and hopefully I find it there. Tomorrow I should get a new phone though, one that can actually take some pics, so either way, there should be some inbound.

My plastic ride: '08 KTM 250 XCW

I can hardly wait to take my darling beatch out for a spin again and hope to see some of you out there in the dirt some time.

I realise this is a DS site and I hope yous don't mind me posting up plastic bike stuff here. I hope to get my KLR fixed in the not too distant future as well, but some funds that should have come in already has not yet and she, unfortunately, needs some serious TLC.