Rear brake heating up and ABS on F800GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wesley

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Need some technical advice on this one....

I bought a 2012 F800 GS. I bought the bike with just over 2000km from BMW. Didn't have any issues with the bike since I bought accept now.

On 5200km I picked up that my rear disc pads was almost done and replaced it ferodo senators, as it was the only ones I could get hold off.
After riding the bike for 3 days picked up that my ABS don't kick in as it used too, really need to put some weight on the down before it kicks in, had the pads in for about 7 days and picked up that their wa about 2mm left on the pads that w only 7 days old  and call it 280km.

Took the bike to BMW they took a look took the rim off, and started commenting on all the aftermarket parts, crash bars etc (all not approved) and basically walk away from the bike and said its my problem.

What I picked up with the senator pads was continues touching, not enough too grip the disc but enough to heat up the disc. Free play on the brake lever was checked by BMW and they happy with it.

I then made turn by Shane @ Yamaha helderberg ( awesome guy) he then said that I had change the pads and he put in ferodo platinum pads... Mo problems with the caliper, This was done Friday,

Saturday took a ride and as Shane said gentle on the brakes didn't touch the rear brakes for the first 100km then slowly starting to use the brake, round trip home just over 300km.

The platinum pads looking good and disc is looking better, still heating up slightly when I use the rear brake,

ABS still doesn't kick in only when I really put weight down on it, it kicks in. No ABS FAULT indication or warnings coming on ...

Any advise ??? Or anyone with the same issue ???