Rescued..........thanks Piston Pete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Brown

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
A big thanks and  :thumleft: to Piston Pete for arranging the rescue truck for me today, I was a little bit fooked!

Went out nice and early this morning for a breakfast meander, started off on the Old Malmesbury Road, then cut across to the Occultdale Rd and from there zig-zag to the dirt road that is just off the Wellington Road and brings you out at Kalbas Kraal, no idea what it is called but it is dirt and I've never been down there on my bike before. From there we planned to make our way to Philadelphia for a nice breakfast.......Well that was the plan!

Stopped for a water break after the Occultdale Road, stood for about 15mins, and when I turned the key in the ignition, nada, fokol, eish, WTF, so dood soos `n mossie, not even the slightest sign of life from the battery????????? It was as if there was not even a battery in the bike at all, completely, completely dead, no dash lights, hooter, flickers...fokol! Checked the battery terminals, checked for ignition wires that may have come loose, checked the kill switch, tried to start with the side stand up, down, in gear, neutral, everything. Checked the fuses, all intact. I still have absolutely no idea as to why the bike is completely dead. She is still under guarantee, so lets see what the dealer says??

I gave Piston Pete a call, not holding out much hope for an answer on a Sunday morning.........not only does the man answer, he also arranges for the recovery truck to come and fetch me and lets me know what he has arranged!!  :thumleft: :thumleft: Thanks Boet, I did not fancy leaving my bike there on the side of the road while I tried to find a bakkie to get me back with.

Now to try and find out what the hell killed my battery??