Riding in the Transkei

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
There have been postings on this forum about the Green Scorpions handing out hefty fines to bikers in the vicinity of Trennery's. When I first read about it, I was fairly upset as I was planning to use that area to practice riding on the sand tracks.

I spoke to one of the residents from that area and he has witnessed plastic bikes and four wheelers behaving like hooligans. Gunning it past the cottages, riding thro villages at high speeds. Even thro a funeral. Chickens and children running for safety. Old people unable to speed up to a shuffle to get out the way. He has nothing good to say about these weekend thrill seekers. He cannot distinguish between this mob and the more sedate adventure bikers who make up the majority of this forum.

While I appreciate that 80% of the readers of this forum will not behave in this manner, there are 20% who will. I hope this thread will bring them some perspective regarding their actions. If 10% of the remaining 20% see the light and change their ways, it was worthwhile mentioning this.

Unfortunately, the 10% that are too dumb to realise what they are doing, will continue to cock it up for the rest of us.

:angry9: