Sand riding learning curve continued. Parklands Slaapstad. 13th March

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleco

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
hello all the riders that missed the sand pit in their youth.

we'll be in the sand again on Sunday morning.

meet at the engen close to builders warehouse 6h33.

rank beginners welcome. this is the place to learn. :ricky:

OK, while we are lengthening this post, I will be in Parklands again on Sunday morning the 6th of March 13th of March. About 6h32 to 6h46 at the Engen. Just about sunrise time.

This time is unfortunately difficult after a late Saturday eve. (ask Bus. he went all the shades of green!   :imaposer:) But the sand is quite soft at the moment, so we try and catch it before it softens up even more during the heat. You will also sweat a lot. Better to do that when its cooler.

All newbs welcome. All ladies welcome as well. (I have seen about 25 30 different guys out there. No 1 lady)

I will try and add some challenges to the training, so that I can also get the more intermediate guys (third time in the sand) out of their comfort zones. The intermediate guys can ride the straight stuff, as well as the whoops, but we all struggle to turn. Time to have a go at steering in the sand.  

I will bring my cones along again. But I will put them further apart. The tracks the bikes make, makes it interesting enough. I've heard desert snoek mumbling along the lines of "I am going home and riding through cones all week. I'll show those cones next time!" :mwink: