Special thanks - MadMike999

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McSpafter

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
I just thought I had to post something to say thanks to Madmike999 and his folks.

A couple of weeks back I was part of the WD Fairy Glen bash. We stopped for a drink at "Egon's" (MadMike999's parents place)... a couple of km before Rayton.... little did I know that this would be a big save later on...

On Friday we were on our way to loskopdam for the weekend (taking back roads and dirt roads where possible). We stopped to check tire pressures at the garage at the rayton-cullinan off ramp when disaster struck... My bike failed to start, and after 5hours trying to find the problem, eventually decided that it will not be fixed next to the road and that we had to get it to a safe location for the night.

I remembered that we had stopped at Egon's a couple of weeks back, and could not think of anywhere else to go!

We towed my bike a couple of km to Egon's. I popped in to ask whether I could park my bike there for the night... and without hesitation they agreed!!! And while I waited for my lift back home, they even sold me a nice cold Beer in their pub.

It is nice to know that someone will help out a fellow WD, without even knowing them personally.

I would just like to say thank you to Mike and his folks!

Cheers
McS