Spirit Bluetooth Comms set - Feedback * Excellent Product *

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So I had been enquiring on this a few weeks back, got to see something 2nd hand, then was told to forget the rest and go the SENA route. Fair enough, however, at well over 3 K for myself and pillion, it was a pile of cash..
This weekend past, I enquired with one or two online vendors about the SMH 5 sets and local (Cape Town) availability. No response, at all...

So found the thread here about the Spirit Comms kit, and chatted abit with Julian, he confirmed he had stock, and I felt, at the very least, as my missus only rides every 2nd weekend with me, spending 1.5 K seemed a more aacceptable investment for the use it would get.. Had a good look at the kit, clever designing I must add, and simplistic, very similar tot he SENA system with large rotating knob etc.

Now I've bought myself a Caberg HyperX Helmet from Europe, and my missus a Shark Helmet, two totally different designs. Mine has it's own cavity for it's own "talk now" Bluetooth kit, but waaay to expensive. Problem tho is the Caberg Helmet as a lower horizontal strengthening seam which is wider than the small clamp supplied with the kit. But a simple small mod and drill into the cover of my Helmet's Bluetooth cavity solved that problem. Two screws and nuts, and it was mounted.

Pulled out the inner ear linings, enlarged the already there cavity for speakers to accept the slight larger Spirit set, and hid all the cabling away inside the helmet's cushioning and covers. Install time, approx an hour.
Shark Helmet, bracket fits around Helmet shell and under the inner padding structure perfectly. Also removed the linings, stuck down simple velcro speaker holder, added speakers and boom mike, and closed up all internal padding etc. Installation time, 30 minutes tops.

All the time the two devices were charging up.. After about 3 hours the charge lights went out. So I first paired the devices with each other, simple enough process. Tested with the missus and helmets on, 80% success rate. Simply move earphones around on Velcro mount until they are perfectly positioned and "balanced".

Then paired mine with by BBerry. Also took about 5 minutes, put it on, talk to missus, press button, switch off intercom, and press play, music.. nice.. in Stereo. But She can't listen to my device, so paired hers with her own BB.. then sat on the Couch for half an hour working out the sequence of pressing this and that.. sorted.. relatively painless I must add.

Today got the chance to ride bike for the first time in my 7 year "career" and listen to music.. what a completely different sensation.. Made the trip even more fun and relaxed, and although I had music on, I was just as focussed on the commuting. Gave the bike a little brun home, at 120 with an almost open face helmet (Jet Helmet and full visor to my Chin), the system was still very adequate and I could hear the music perfectly.  :thumleft:

So, for now, I must say it's more than met my expectations, and definitely well worth the money for the kit. Great piece of equipment that does exactly what it should, without any probs.. Thanks Julian.  :thumleft:

Alan