Story of my 701...lets go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0lt3n

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Its that time again for me! Showing what I do, asking advice and just sharing my.thoughts!

So I basically only know big bikes, started adv biking with a 1200gs, moved to GSA, then 1190 and basically broke all of them. All 3 broke frames also, come to think of it.
Anyhow, then got a 990 and 1290. The 990 to abuse and 1290 to take good care of and use for further trips.

Now the 990 broke, overheated. I have complained here previously that I think they're cooling systems is shit, now I know it.

But that background explains my current buy. I need something more offroad worthy. But I come from the 990...so I dont want my hands vibrated lifeless or feel cramped or struggle to overtake at 120. So I read that the post 2020 690 and 701's have less vibrations so set my eyes on that.

So I heard of this bike in Upington, been standing on the floor for sale for 2 years, high price. I made an offer and got it! Super chuffed. 2021 with 1300km on!!
Normally I prefer high mileage, you get better extras and much more for your money, maar eks nou moeg gesukkel.

Got her Friday, puttered around a bit and liked the feel. Opened her up and was super impressed! I dont think the 1290 will pass before we hit 100kmph. These bikes are quick! I love it! Ek gaan nog my gat sien in die dorp maar dit is so lekker!