SunCity Breakfast (lunch) Run - Along The Train Tacks - 18 Oct

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka.Goliath

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Don't know why but I have a itch to go try to get to SunCity for breakfast one of these Sundays soon. Never been there before so should be something new for me at least. I see that there is a road/track all the way following the train tracks from Hartbeespoort . Has anyone ever tried to get there on this route before or have another tested route to get there - must be mainly dirt, obviously.

Alright we're doing this - 18 October - Start @ 8.00 so arrive early enough to fuel up and be ready to leave on time. Meeting at the Sasol garage at T-junction with the R512 and Pelindaba Road (-25.796953, 27.891826). This track has not been tested but looks good on maps so we will have to make some adjustments along the way. Should be a good day of riding lets hope for some rain before the day. I wouldn't say the route is pillion friendly due to it being a long-ish ride unless you are very efficient riders.  If anyone needs to split off during the day there are plenty spots to do so, just remember to let someone else know if you do! Always make sure that the rider behind you sees the turns you make so we don't have any lost souls on the day and ride with in your limits leaving a good dust gap. I'll upload an updated track before the day so anyone who wants can have it on their GPS.

Track uploaded!

Put your name down if you're joining so we don't leave anyone behind.

1. Aka.Goliath

Attachments

• Selected Data from Sun City Run.gpx
    228.9 KB · Views: 46