Suzuki Freewind Power loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.E.F

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki XF650 Freewind
Hi yall!
Man I've got a problem with my Suzuki 650 Freewind.  I hope it is not major, I won't really be able to tell since I am a newbie an still learning about bikes and the mechanics.  I bought the bike on about 14 000Km 2 months ago.  We did a trip through Swaziland with fellow forum members and also ran into another memeber in Swazi.  After swazi a serviced the bike, only liquad service on 18 000km.  Cleaned the air filter, new oil filter and oil.  Thats it.  It should use 10w 20 oil.  The guy at the store sold me 15 20 synthetic oil.  The oil level is little above full.

Today on the road I opened up the throttle, it went as usual and suddenly just lost power.  The funny thing is, not all the power.  I open full throttle and it does excellerate but very slowely, and there is very little power.  I t does not make the sound of the usual gulp -gulp power - no power  carburater.  But I can be wrong.  I left it for a while outside.  It still starts, pull like usual for 2 km's and then loses it power.  In pushing it really hard i hear the engin suffering.

Any body that can help?  I am also looking to do something to make it perform little better.  What can I do.