• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Testing the waters - Transalp 700

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamgigglz

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Bit of a shot in the dark for me, but you have to cast a line to catch a fish.

I did a lot of highway mileage on my Transalp during the first two years of ownership, but since moving offices she barely sees 100km a month. I'm curious to know what she's worth right now; I have 12 months left on the finance and I'm worried adding age without mileage depreciates her value more than is worthwhile. I'd like to buy an older, bigger bike with lower mileage to "fit" my new riding regime.

Or will +1 year and +2000km not affect the value enough to make it worth selling now?

July 2011 Honda Transalp XL700VA. One owner.
51,000km (probably 40,000km done at 120kph)
ABS model with 3 piston front calipers
Superfoxi progressive springs in front.
Forks serviced 100km ago. Fork savers fitted.
Givi raised screen (original included)
HID high and low beam conversion (originals included)
LED spots
12v lighter socket
Bar raisers
Givi crash bars
Touratech Cameltoe
LED rear indicators
SW Motech off-road pegs. Rubber inserts included, never used. (original pegs included)
Trax 35L top box on Alu carrier
New battery
Rear Metzeler Sahara 50%
Front tyre and chain need replacing. Sprockets still good (yes, I know they should be replaced together...)
Full service history. Last serviced at 48,000km. Oil change and valve clearance adjustment done recently.

Original tool kit not included; it went missing somewhere between Loskop and Dullstroom  :-\ This is a Honda though, so three spanners and two standard size allen keys will dismantle the entire bike ;D

She's seen her fair share of action with small scuffs & scratches, but is mechanically sound and everything works. The rims are not scratched or chipped and have no smilies.
I'll remove any stickers you don't want.

What's she worth? R55k?
Will also accept a swap for a SuperTen  :biggrin: