The Hairy Bikers Rule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gryshond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
This morning as I was brushing my teeth I caught a glimpse of the TV as the wife had switched it on and tuned to BBC Food. Usually I would not have given it a second thought but I saw bikes in the desert (desert as in sand not pudding, English is a funny language). Apparently these guys travel around the world on bikes cooking food, nice job combining my two favourite things and then travelling the world (I hate them).

What I did notice though was that these two big bearded cooks were crossing some seriously sandy patches on some seriously heavy 1200 geen sandâ??s without paddling or even a wobble. It appears that apart from being able to make some seriously good looking food in a hole in the sand they are quite handy with the handlebars.

My wife then showed me an episode she had taped on the PVR where they were in Morocco where the hairy dudes were riding through some seriously good looking scenery into the mountains even through the snow where they again looked completely at ease on those heavy 1200 geen sneeuâ??s.

All this of course made me late for work but I have to say I am impressed with these guys and am now looking for sponsors for my own show, those who know me will realise that I would have to call it the unhairy bikers and I would then have to find another bald middle aged rider who can cook as I am useless at making food. I am how ever quite happy to travel all over on a bike eating good food and being paid for it.

Seriously though I have to say those 1200 Geen Stront bikes were looking so good I am again looking at the finances. Of course if the sponsorship comes through it can be like The Long Way Down, to my tummy with sponsored bikes. Come on corporate SA this is what you have been looking for.