there is only one thing tougher than a 1200ADV on EO7's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Rider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I got home last night from a 2878km ride to go fishing with my Dad . I have owned all the GS's from the first 800 up to my 2007 1200 . I have fitted all brands and types of tyres and the above combo is to me the best so far . I will post a full ride report later , but just to give you an idea on the way up to New England / Barkley East I did 1200Km on dirt in 2 days including mud rocks sand and jeep tracks and some fast dirt roads, awesome stuff . We fished the Diep river for four days and rode home along the coast doing 60 / 40 tar dirt and all I can say is my ADV is the best all round bike I have owned it is to heavy to be an enduro to slow for a super and to big and wide to commute but if you want to do a bit of every thing the 1200 on EO7's is bloody hard to beat . I did 2878km in 4.5 days riding with an average speed of 91km/ph and top speed of 202 I averaged 14.8 km /L the bike and tyres laughed at every thing I asked them to do (except that little off camber river crossing from Cala to Butterworth ) where I saw my guava properly . OK so what is tougher than a 1200ADV on EO7's I hear you ask ? Well that would be my Dad he is 77 years old he fished the river with me 10 hours a day with only 20 min lunch break wading and climbing over rocks and mountains like a youngster . We would get back to the farm house in the evening have a milkstout and a J&B or 2 tie a few flys off to bed at 9 and up at five to get ready for the days fishing, tough as bloody hell , I am proud of you Dad and I am so lucky to have you and Mom around to do these trips with thanks ! P.S he is even tougher than HP2 on E10'S  ;D