This is fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarelKat

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hey guys,

Today I've finally summoned up enough courage to take my F650 (my first bike ever) out into the the 'real world' of traffic and intersections and taxis. It took me some time to get comfortable enough, and I didn't want to go 'out' until I had some instruction. I took some lessons from Brent in Montague Gardens and it was definitely worth it.

I haven't had this much fun in years! Love the freedom! I love leaning around corners (although I'm definitely still very tame compared to you guys), I've even had it over a 100km/h for the first time (hahaha, yea I know... :imaposer:, but quite a milestone for me). Coming from a cage driver background, all I can say is that I can't believe how much I've been missing out on!

The 650 also feels a lot bigger than the little 125 Yamaha I did the training on! It actually makes me a feel a bit more confident. Just feels more solid.

So yea, you've all probably heard this a million times, but riding around made me feel so happy today I just felt like sharing it.

Cheers!