THOUGHT I'D BETTER INTRODUCE MYSELF!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissie B

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
I'm a 41 year old female Honda Africa Twin Rider, one of the few ladies in South Africa riding this particular bike. My AT is a 2002 model, red with purple seat. And yes, I do take it off road. Had a few problems initially as it was a bit tall, but then we modified it and now it is a lot lower. It does take away ground clearance, but rather that than not getting my feet on the ground, especially when doing slightly rougher stuff. I'm not as fast or as brave as the guys, but so far I've managed to do most stuff without too much help from the male population. The only things I really can't do is pick up the bike if it falls and fix punctures/change tubes. But that's why men were invented, lol...

My "hubby" rides a black GS1150, and if you live in the North/West Gauteng, you'll probably have seen us travelling together. We both use our bikes to go to work, as well as doing trips etc. We're going to Lesotho/Sani Pass at the end of April... I've never been to Sani before, not even in a car, so I'm really nervous. I hope it is not too difficult, and I'm rather scared of heights...

We are both members of the Africa Twin Adventures Club and we do quite a lot of outings with them. :p See you out there...... 8)