Top Box Ejects !!!! cart wheeling along parys dirt road.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dish

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Morning chaps.
Popped down to Parys for a ride with my nephew and brother in law on Saturday -
Long story short we left Shallow pig cottage and headed towards the dirt road that takes you from the Parys road, past the Venterskroon inn and down to the Schoemansdrift bridge.. (which we knew was closed) - My nephew isnt too experienced so it was really just a gentle intro ride for him.

Have a quick burst of throttle on the dirt road, which wasn't bad by the way, fairly smooth, quite lekker - The next thing I feel something pushing against my back and the next thing I check my mirror and my top box is cartwheeling its way, at pace along the dirt road before moering off to the left and hiding in the bushes. Took as a few minutes to find it, Seemed like the latch had failed. Anyway, there wasn't any real way of properly connecting it to the bike so Eventually I managed to leave it with the great guys at the Venterskroon Inn. I do recommend you visit there.

So its a bit of a problem. Its broken but I don't believe beyond repair.... Is there anyone who fixes top boxes. Its a genuine aluminium KTM box.  It wasn't over loaded at all, Just had a rain coat, puncture repair kit and a few odds and end in it. - I cant understand why it Came off or "gave up"//

Anybody in the business of refurbishing, fixing Top boxes ?? Ideas ?