TravelGravel - hey ho!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelGravel

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hello You'all

Please welcome a real newbie. I have been riding my BMW 650GS for a year now, and in this year started looking to more off road (read: on sand  :eek:) adventures.  It started in May last year when I decided to discover Namibia by bike. May I mention that it was entirely beside the point that I couldn't ride a bike. I call it determination, Just Biking calls in stuborness ... I like my version better.

We have just returned from the Namibia trip tired, dusty and in general states of agony (I should have been slightly fitter for this little hobby). After having travelled 5000 k's I promised that I would never, ever do anything like this again. Needless to say within a day the map is on the wall and the drawing pins have mapped out the next route discovering those bits of namibia we didn't get to this time. (Only my resolution to abstain from chocolate fell faster - sigh!)

Must admit that a few WD's made the trip better than I could have expected. Thanks to Adventurer and Peaches ... the advice was worth its weight in gold, I owe you. Hi to Red and Stephan - enjoyed the visit at Joe's even though it was freezing.

As for the Ladies reading this. See you at the Girl's dirt training.  :happy7: