Trip for Gauteng people, English speaking people and other foreign people!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Weekend trip for Gauteng people English people any other foreign people.

Hi , it is your friendly pigfarmer (Tulie), again.Due to the lack of any English people or any bikers from Gauteng  responding on my trip from 6-9 March,I would do it in English.

You okes must be patient, I type a little slow, but that will help the guys that read a little
Slow.I will explain step by step how and what to do to come and enjoy  a weekend in the Freestate.

First, you must ask your boss for the weekend off togo to the Freestate. Most probably he wont ask for any  explanation,because he would think that there must be death or something in the family, because no normal Gautenger would go to the Freestate out of own will.

So off you go. How to get out of Joburg and on to the N3, I would not know, but it is in any case not my problem. Carry on towards Warden. That wont take more than 2 hours with a decent bike. But , I am worried about you people because I don’t see that the Gautengers oruganize a lot of trips , more weeling and dealing in spare parts of your bikes. Economics must be bad down there. But, in any case ,if you have not yet sold your bikes enjin, you will get there in 2 hours.

From Warden it is another 40km. Please fill your bike in Warden. We have not yet fulfill my dream of converting pigmanour into 95 oktane gasoline,but we are working on it. 40km from Warden on the Bethlehem road , take the S1059 on your right. If you get a 4-way stop before you get the S1059, you went to far. Turn around. Strangely you would find theS1059 now on your left.

You wil find yourself on a brown road.  It is not something that you are used to. It is a little lose under your bike, it is called a dirt road. Carry on, you will smell something that smells like sh….t . Don’t worry, you have not crapp in your pants. It is the smell of the piggery, and the smell of money to me. Turn left into the farm towards the farmhouse.  It is here where you have the privilege to meet me(Tulie) and Carene.(short for Maria, Catharina,,Magrieta)

On Friday nite we will wine you and dine you. We would do that in away that you would still be able to ride the next day. Then it is off to the very romantic cabins at the dam. Choose your pillion for the weekend very carefully. The romantic setting of the cabins tend to wake things that’s been sleeping for years. You might not be able to ride with us in 9 months time, due to the fact that your family has grown.

Saturday, breakfast Carene will take better care of you than a sow would look after her litter. Between 8 and 9 we will leave towards Harrismith throw mieliefields, where I can show off my neighbours good crops. This you will do on these funny brown roads , we call dirt roads. At Harrismith we will fill up because you wont see a garage for the rest of the day. We then go to Collingspass into Natal. Beautiful scenery.
We will braai a boereworsie along the road and follow the railway road up VanReenenspass.VanReenen to Harrismith is a very nice gravel road. At Harrismith, Carene will take the people with the sore arses with the tar road home and the hard arses will follow me home.

At home, we will shower, braai, drink tea or whatever. On Sunday breakfast and good baais.

Take note this is not a scary ride. It is just a nice ride with spectacular scenery.

Costs for the weekend.
If you just ride with us, it will cost you nothing. Just your friendship and a couple of laughs will do.
If you sleep and use the facilities, eat and drink, it will cost you R1000/ person.
Carene and I ride every weekend in any case. If you cant join us this week end but you want to explore my valley, please phone us.

TEL  058 3042903
SEL  082 415 6699

Your sincerely, the pigfarmer