• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trying to buy bikes for ride/export to Rwanda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR-Z 400
My friends and I are trying to organize a trip to SA, to buy bikes (Suzuki DRZ400SM or BMW650GS or something similar) and ride them back to Rwanda where we live, but this is proving very difficult to organise.

Originally we had hoped that some contacts we had would be able to buy used bikes and register them in their names, so that we can drive them back with SA registration, then register them in Rwanda, but that's kinda fallen through.

Now we're looking at buying new bikes, and trying to get the temporarily registered with the dealer, or registered for export. But we're not sure if that paperwork will be enough to get us through 4 borders, and we'd have to pay South African VAT on new bikes.. which makes the whole thing almost too expensive.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or offers any services to make this possible?