Typical bike accidents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkscrew

Puppy
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'd like to pick everybody's brains on motorcycle accidents.

Using your own experience / statistics / other bikers experiences, what do you think are the most common and dangerous situations that lead to motorcycle accidents?

I think we can safely assume that when there is a bike crash a car is normally involved and often at fault, therfore, if we could all share our knowledge of known typical situations that lead to accidents then we can all learn to recognise them when they happen and hopefuly take action to avoid a possible crash.

I'm fairly new to this game and have learned to watch out for certain things, like a car on the side of the road that could possibly do a U turn, gaps in the traffic or overtaking a slow moving car that could possibly turn right into an access road, and so on...

I'm sure there are plenty more of these dangerous situations that the experienced guys could share, so we humble beginners as well as everybody else can have a few more red flags that pop up when we see something on the road that looks like a potential balls up.

As they say:
"you better learn from others mistakes 'cause you wont be able to do them all yourself"