UVEX Helmet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boertjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
This thread is about your EXPERIENCE with the UVEX. If you do not own one, or have owned one in the past, or maybe have a very close relative or friend that owns one, I do not really want to hear your OPINION.

OK, I have browsed the threads about helmets for a while and are still a bit confused. My helmet is getting close to retirement and I need to replace... need to not want to.

I like the Arai Tour X4, but in my mind it simply is too expensive. The BMW system 6 looks like a nice helmet at a better than Arai TX4 price. I also like the UVEX. I've heard of some complaints about noise, soft spots on the helmet, rattles, cisor sealing problems etc.

I fully expect to hear both positive and negative comments.

Now, I have seen comments that indicate happy customers with UVEX and some unhappy ones. I am searching for the balance of probabilities. Please give me your experience so that we can see where the balance is... is it one or two unhappy and many happy's or what. I would also like to hear why you are happy or unhappy.