Visit from the UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My hubby and I are planning a trip to SA from the UK in December. We're hiring bikes in Somerset West from the 20th December and will be going up the west coast, across to Jo'burg for Christmas eve, spending about 4 days in Jo'burg, then to ET for a couple of days, down to the east coast and making our way back to Cape Town (Somerset West) and leaving on the 11th of January (I think ...)

We've hired bikes ... Teneres - one big one and one smaller one ... Advice and suggestions most welcome ...

Accommodation on the east coast is sorted as we will stay with a variety of friends, west coast is going to be a bit more hit and miss - although will make an effort to spend a night in Springbok. Want to visit Pofader and Upington.

We had thought to wear our leathers, but I think it will be way too hot for that. Space / weight is an issue, as we have to fly with our kit. Winter here ... going to summer there.

I wonder if the bike hire place hires out kit too?

Very excited about the trip, but also very nervous ... hope to see some of you along the way.