We are all the same

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider pigs dad

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I have had to work all weekend but I wanted to watch Moto GP so at about 1:30 I jump on my bike and head off to watch the racing and have a little feed . As I was gong over the rail bridge on Vanguard toward Voortrekker I see the lights are red and that there is a bike in  the far left lane alone at the front of the lane . So I pull up next to him , it is a nice Blue 990 the guy has full MX kit on , I am dressed in dirty overalls and my open face helmet . We great each other only briefly before the lights turn green , now as any one would know there can never ever be a KTM and BMW at the lights together with a clear road ahead with out a race ! It started with a bit of more than usual throttle but after about 1.27m it was to the stop and to the limiter in 1,2,3 a little less aggression in 4Th because of cars on our race track ? who let then on here ! We are cruising up to the Milton road lights which are green but we both know that there is a permanent trap there so down to 60 in second , over the intersection and hard back on the gas both front wheels a few inches of the ground almost to the limiter and up to 3rd as we are going over the N1 bridge the KTM taps off and indicates he is taking the N1 off ramp I wave and back off as well only to realise I have missed my turn off by about 3km . What the hell it was worth it , thanks mate you made my day . Turns out the 1200 is not as slow and the 990 is not as fast as every one thinks !