Which bike for LDBA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchalkL

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Ok i need advice on which bike to use for the LDBA please: https://www.mmpdev.co.za/ldba/
Taken that I am a bit older now (53), overweight (120) and short I should probably stay away from these events. I have done the NDBA in 2016 on a Xchallenge 650 , half red, half black route and saw my ass properly  :p I am just to short and at every technical bit my toe-tippie technique didn't work and I fell over about 20 times.  :eek: Haven't been that tired and thirsty since my army days  :mad:
I don't want to do the green route!, that I can do at home.
I have a KLR fugly that I fit on nicely and can use that, (maybe change the gearing a bit), but not ideal. I am thinking of selling the Xchallenge and buy something light, powerful enough for my weight but must be low enough. (I do feel comfortable on my 990 Adv but don't want to go and break it, and its heavy!)

So, what do you suggest in the less than 50k region? (Bike will only be used for shortish technical distances)