WOW!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Wow I am impressed ! Battery in 1190 is the hart of the beast and can be the reason for many unexpected faults due to low power . I had previously fitted a replacement battery , Original was on its way out and I used the no on the battery to buy a new replacement  TTZ14 S . And as we now no the bike requires a 230 CCA  , My replacement was a 160 CCA battery .
We are leaving on a bike tour on the 16 th December and not keen on getting stuck with a battery issue was contemplating some options, buy a new battery  or a jump start power bank . priced at more or less the same . But was procrastinating , could not decide!
Yesterday I had a chat with my son , asked him to come help me with a brake fluid change , and then also motioned to him about the battery and power bank option .  His response to the power bank idea was that its great , should work well as a back up . He then mention that they have just received new stock of Yuasa TTS14S batteries . As this was the OEM fitment I decided that I have to have one . Ordered one , Fitted it last night , did the master cylinder service , Clean new fluids in brakes and clutch . very happy .
But best of all is the new battery , Bike starts easy peasy , With the 160 CCA battery it was always as if the battery battelled to crank the motor , New battery and it spins easy . Wat to go .
FOR INFO
FAST in Alberton has stock , not cheap but worth it , priced around R1600.00  , I did get a bit of family discount .