XRV750 having eating gas..And my slowly built up of the 14yr old bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ

Puppy
Reaction score
Hi guys,good day...

I just got my honda XRV750 RD07 just about 5days ago.It's a 14yr old bike with milege that has gone 1 cycle.
This my 3rd XRV during my riding experience.

Here's the bike when i viewed it before the deal.
misctoday249.jpg

the very 1st thing I did when i just took over the bike,is to replace the suspension...the original ones are bad.I've got a set of original fork springs and rear shock taken from RD07A which is less of a year usage and is in very new condition which previously wanted to mod it on my Dominator650 before I sold it to replace it with the AT.
misctoday284.jpg

After the shock have been replaced,I've taken out the springs and did alittle comparison.
misctoday268.jpg

here's the springs...the top one is the RD07A and the bottom one are from the RD07.
misctoday262.jpg

I noticed the RD07A is slightly thicker springs and about 5mm longer.I also replaced the fork oil and engine oil at the same time.

Next I checked the airfilter...It's already fitted with K&N and it's still very clean and new...
misctoday260.jpg

except the whole airbox seems to be very dusty.I did some cleaning to the airbox.

I've bought a pair of Acerbis handguards that has got built-in indicators..
misctoday283.jpg

However,upon turning the handlebar to the right side,the indicators seems to be knocking with the front head cowling...So i removed the indicator for future use when I have time to do some fairing mods.
Added the handguards spoiler.
misctoday290.jpg

misctoday292.jpg

So,after all that is done,time to clean up the bike abit.
misctoday256.jpg

Everythg seems good.
misctoday293.jpg

misctoday295.jpg

Only that I the smell of fumes on the exhaust is abit too much...and only today,when my bike suddenly gone into reserves at only 240km.
It seems very odd...This is my 1st time getting reserves on this 4days old to me bike.
My previous RD07A bought new at that time back in 2000,able to hit till 380km before reserves and my last RD07 still able to get about 350km before reserves...
I am just doing the commuting work of traffic,and highways and my speed is between 90-110km/hr.

Anyone have a clue on what's seems to be happening here?

Cheers,
AJ