xt660z dna air filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hey guys
This is my first post here on wilddog. My xtz is new it only has about 4000km on it and most of it was done on gravel. I stay in namibia in swakopmund so the bike will be doing a lot of offroad. My previous bike was a klr650.
The xtz comes standard with a dna performance air filter. Yesterday I cleaned the filter and after it was clean I looked through it with a light in the background and you can clearly see tiny holes in the filter which the light shinning through. To me this means the filter cant be effect meadium to filter the dust from the air. Went to my local yamaha dealer and they say the filter look like that but does not allow dust through. I went home and took off the side cover of the air box and like I fort there was dust. Went back to yamaha they say dont stress the bike has a 2 year warranty.  Not the best answer I think.
Any of you guys have the same problem with the dna air filter? Are there foam filters for the xtz?
Thanks guys

Latest posts