Yamaha And Warantee issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldbr

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Hi

I have had two issues with my Super Ten.

1) at around 2200km, rear spokes came loose, and lost two. They claimed that I must have hit something and caused it. THe rim shows no sign of damage though. This is a common problem overseas and the Yamahas there honour the claims. Thanks to East London TKY Power though, they tried with Yamaha to resolve with no luck. They did fit new spokes with no labour charged, and spokes at cost.

2) The headlight wiring harness issue, which is again common overseas: https://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=2707.555, got the following response, even after sending them the link to international forum:

Don’t really know what your customers issue is with the headlights?

I’ve read the whole link, and seems to me to be a bad connection in the connector to the globe.
Any bad connection is going to cause burning, and can happen with any connector, not only headlights.

This part no. 23P-84312-00, is the same as our model, and we have never sold one from our Parts department.
Over 800 bikes have been sold since middle of 2010.

During the last 2 years of parts sales, 13 Headlight globes have been sold.

Heck, I know a bad connection creates heat, but why should I have a bad connection on a bike under guarantee.

This makes one wonder if one should just buy a KTM or BMW, and deal with some issues.