need some advice for south-east Africa.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi, I am from Poland, 53, and will start my African trip on KLR 650 on 28-29 of December
this year.
I will land in Cape Town on 27th of December, motorcycle should be there a week before.
After custom clearance I would like to move "to the north". I would like to arrive to Egypt
in the mid of February, ship myself and motorcycle to Italy or Greece and continue back
home, to Kraków. I'd like to return home in the first days of March.
Africa is not the first continent I ride, in last 3 years I've made Americas, from Deadhorse
to Ushuaia and Asia from Poland to Magadan in Far East in Russia.
I travel alone, prefer to stay away from the cities. I do not need necessary to visit most
crowded tourist places.
If possible, I stay in small hotels or hostels, but a tent is always "on board" and is used
often also :) There is no problem to spend couple of days in the row on the motorcycle,
making hundreds km a day. Gravel roads are ok, but not completely "out of the path",
because KLR with all the stuff I have is about 215 kg dry.
And now to the point... because of quite short time I have, I would like to ask you to suggest
some route for me in your area. I have to calculate very carefully, so I would like to spend
in RSA, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia area little more than 2 weeks. I should arrive to
Nakonde in Tanzania around 15th of January.
Further route leads to Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Egypt and probably Israel
(as for now I found only one ship connection back to Europe - from Haifa). Of course any
other suggestions about countries I will visit after Zambia are welcome :)
To introduce myself properly, I attache a picture from "end of the road"  in Ushuaia/Argentina.
Quality is quite poor, but the place and circumstances are unique :)
Regards from Poland,
Robert

Attachments

• P5285053.jpg
    P5285053.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 88