Airbrush Project: Theme: Mad Max – WW2 Rusted War plane *UPDATED*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLRFegen

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Customer: Doc KLR
Theme: Mad Max – WW2 Rusted War plane
Hi guys, I haven’t posted anything for awhile but been hovering around the site reading up on all the  talk. I have been unable to ride due to a serious back operation which I had in April that has thrown everything I do upside down. Saying that just because we can’t ride doesn’t mean we stop our association or love of biking.

One of the things I have been doing is Airbrushing. I’ve posted a few of the earlier projects I did but decided it’s finally time to try get some serious work in on a proper bike whose owners enjoy making their machines stand out from other DS bikes in the crowd. I was at DocKLR’s place one Saturday and Doc mentioned he would like a World war 2 plane slash MadMax type theme done on one of his bikes. We discussed the concept agreed a price and he gave me a whole bunch of scrap parts to go colour in for him.

The project has taken me around 4 weeks to complete and I thought I’d share it with you guys. I know a lot of guys do restoration projects on Wild Dogs however been able to build a bike is not for all of us. I have tried but I suck at it – I’m good at stripping something I just can’t figure out how to put all the pieces back together. However there are some of us who are slightly artistic (or autistic depending who you talk too).

Unfortunately for Doc the art work improved as I moved along with the project and I wasn’t going to go back and redo everything once I fine tuned all the things I needed to but saying that I think it has come out looking pretty sweet and once on a KLR will really be a one off piece that will stand out.

Anyway I thought I’d share it with you guys – maybe there are one or two guys out there who are also keen on this sort of thing that can teach me a thing or two. My next project is to Airbrush my KLR650 with a Tottenham Hotspur theme and I’ll share that with you lads as well over the course of December.

So here is my contribution to the Wild Dogs forum because I aint doing much riding anymore...

Attachments

• IMAG0230.jpg
    IMAG0230.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 798
  • IMAG0238.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 782
  • IMAG0226.jpg
    IMAG0226.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 780