BMW good service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider pigs dad

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I see there are two threads with bad service from BMW so here is a tale of good service . Over Easter my girlfriend and I rode from Cape Town to see my Mom and Dad in Portshepstone . She was on her X Country it is a 2009 model with 20000km on the clock and I was on my 1200ADV . To keep costs down we were camping . We had a great trip up to Sheppie doing Baviaans and the wild coast on the way lots of dirt and about 2400KM to get there . We spent a few days with the folks and went to check out the Margate bike week before we left for home . The plan was to take six days via Naudes neck and Rhodes wit as much dirt as we could find . So we say our farwells and off we head to Kokstad for our first refuel . Five K's out of Kokstad her bike cuts out and has now electrical power to the dash at all , I unpack the bike to check the fuses to find the main fuse blown , which I replace and it blows again as soon as the key is turned . To cut a long story short we call BMW on call and they fetch the bike and take it to Hillcrest . We head back to my folks . This all happens over the Easter weekend so I know allready that we are not going to get the bike repaired and back the next day , so we decided to return to Cape town on my bike . Now we have to leave all our canping kit and because we cant get two up and all our stuff on one bike . I spoke to Mike at Hillcrest BMW and he would get the bike repaired and send it back to Cape town . We had a great trip home . When we got home I called Mike he informed me the bike was no longer under warranty but he had found the fault and would see if BMW would come to the party and at least pay a portion of the repair . As it turned out they paid every thing including a new battery they transported the bike with two boxes of our left behind stuff to Cape town and it cost me nothing if it were any other brand I wonder how it would have turned out ? BMW have always been more than fair to me over the past 26 years that I have been riding these wonderfull bikes .